Knowing your credit score or getting a recent copy of your credit report is one of the first steps that you can take toward knowing how ready you are to start the home buying process.
Make sure all the information listed on your report is accurate and work to correct any mistakes. The higher your credit score, the more likely you will be to receive a better interest rate for your mortgage, which will translate into more ‘home for your money.’
Many potential buyers believe that they need a 750 FICO® Score or higher to be able to purchase a home. The truth is that according to Ellie Mae’s Origination Report, over 53% of loans were approved with a FICO® score under 750 last month!
Here are some tips for improving your credit score:
- Make payments, including rent, credit cards, and car loans, on time.
- Keep your spending to no more than 30% of your limit on credit cards.
- Pay down high-balance credit cards to lower balances, and consider balance transfers to free up credit.
- Check for errors on your credit report and work toward fixing them.
- Shop for mortgage rates within a 30-day period — too many spread-out inquiries can lower your score.
- Work with a credit counselor or a lender to improve your score.
Once you know your score, your next step will be finding a lender and getting pre-approved for a mortgage. Doing this will ensure that you know your budget before you start looking for your dream home.
Selling a home
Here are some reports on systems that we use to help a homeowner get up to 18% more when they sell with us:
or go to http://wesellhomesformore.com/ for more information on our selling process and why we sell for more.
Curious about what your home is worth goto http://www.socalhomevaluenow.com/ and find out instantly. This will give you a rough estimate on what your home is worth. For an accurate home value contact me directly for a free home value assessment.
Text Sell to 951-395-8057 and learn more about why you should sell your home with Team Olsewski.
Buying a home
If you are looking to buy a home whether its your 1st or 20th its important to choose the right agent. This decision could cost your thousands of dollars! Go to www.why-buy-with-us.com and see how we can help you!